. My Little Lily Bud: Slice™ Safety Cutter - Great for Couponers! -- Review

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Slice™ Safety Cutter - Great for Couponers! -- Review





To those of you that love to coupon or just like to cut pictures and things you like out of magazines, the Slice™ Safety Cutter is something you will love to have!

It is metal-free, pocket-sized, and easy to maneuver with clean cuts where you need them! I love this thing. I really do. I'm an image hoarder as well as beginning couponer, so sitting around using scissors eventually makes my hand cramp. Not anymore, though! I just take that cutter and slice-slice-done!

If it isn't metal, how does it work? Is it really safe?


The blade is actually a ceramic blade. It does not require sharpening, and though it is sharp enough to glide through paper, it won't break your skin. Really! I tried. Like, didn't just see if I would be able to avoid cuts, but actually tested it on my arm tried. Left many marks, but none bled. It stung later, but I never drew blood or caused any major damage. It makes me feel 100% safer around Lily now. I wouldn't hand this to a baby, but now I don't feel as paranoid with her sitting next to me while I cut up magazines and newspapers.



Now, I do not yet have a coupon binder, but this is DEFINITELY going in it. It's small, flat, and not as bulky as scissors so it can easily be carried in a pocket, purse, binder, clutch, whatever!  There is a built-in magnet so you can put it on your fridge.  It has a small hole on it, so I imagine it would fit on a key-ring as well.  Lefty?  No problem!  The Slice™ Safety Cutter  is right- AND left-hand friendly!  It has a nice rubber finish so you can grip it, and the green color rocks!


Tike Myson Approved Magnet!

Concerns?
The only problem I had was when it cut through two or three thin sheets I didn't mean to cut. Usually it was fine with another piece of paper under it, but if you're particular do NOT cut directly on a a table. Use something you don't mind getting sliced underneath what you're cutting, like a mat, cutting board, or even a magazine you don't care for.


Pros
Small
Portable
Safe
Rust-free
Smooth Cuts
Left- and Right-handed
Built-in Magnet

Cons
If you aren't careful could cut your table

Where Do I Get One?

You can purchase a Slice™ Safety Cutter for $5.99 at Sliceproducts.com.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment