. My Little Lily Bud: Cook'n Recipe Software Review

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cook'n Recipe Software Review



I once had all of my internet-found recipes in a Microsoft OneNote notebook on my laptop.  It was pretty cool, but my computer crashed and I lost everything.  Disappointed, I quit trying to get recipes and figured I would just leave them in the books.  That was, until I learned about Cook'n.



Cook'n is a recipe software that allows you to get virtually thousands of recipes  on your computer.  The Cook'n website has e-cookbooks that go right into the database, or you can type in your own recipes.  With the holidays and all of the good dishes being made, it is good to have somewhere to store all of your swapped recipes!

It took a bit for me to get in the swing of things, but that's because I was stubborn and refused to watch the tutorial and read the manual that came with it after download.  If you are not software savvy, the tutorials will probably help.  If you are stubborn like I am, you can figure it out just the same.  It's actually very easy to use once you use it a few times.

It's pretty nifty because when you are typing in your things a list will come up of various ingredients to make the process faster.  There is also a button on the side to re-calculate your ingredient amounts if you need to change the serving size.  No more calculator for me!

There is also a menu option where you can plan your daily, weekly, or even monthly meals!  Now I have no reason not to plan meals ahead of time.

I definitely recommend this product to my readers as it is a great, paper-free way to store recipes.

I would just be sure to back up my Cook'n on a disc, flash drive, external hard drive, etc. just in case your computer crashes and you are unable to recover it.  While most don't have this problem, I always say, "Better safe than sorry!"

Overall, Cook'n is a wonderful product and if you hurry you can get it for only $79.95 with a money-back guarantee!  Try it for 30 days, and if you don't like it then it's all good; just ask for a refund and you haven't wasted a penny.  Though, I'm sure you'll like it.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good recipe software program. I will dewfinitely have to look into this ne. Thanks for the info.
    Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net

    ReplyDelete