. My Little Lily Bud: Roots Only Review

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Roots Only Review



I know a lot of us color our hair and have special products that involve heavy maintenance. We spend tons on root touch-ups and general coloring. We also probably all look for ways to save money. Instead of going out and coloring your hair professionally, try coloring it yourself. Afraid of not getting your roots, or getting yourself covered in hair color trying to massage it into the roots (like I do all the time)?


Then the Roots Only applicator is probably what you're looking for. It is a reusable applicator that isn't limited to hair color, but pretty much anything that needs to get to your scalp and roots. The applicator works with both liquid and cream products, so you aren't limited to certain types of colors or products.

How does it work?

I have bad dandruff (ew) and I need to make sure whatever dandruff product I use gets into my scalp and not all hung up in my thick mess of hair. I decided to demonstrate with this product and take pictures along the way.


So first things first, I took the bottle out of the package. Before I began, I was curious about how it worked. On the ends of the comb teeth are little holes where the hair products come out.



I thought that was pretty cool, so I went ahead and put my product into the reusable bottle. It's pretty easy to do, just unscrew the top and pour your color or, in my case, scalp product in there. If you have to measure what you use, the other side has a measurement table so you know how much you have put in.


I put the top back on and decided to go ahead and apply. I first anticipated it spilling out onto my head and not having control, but I was thankfully wrong. I gently squeezed and was able to control the amount I put on my head at a time.


I went ahead and applied it to my entire scalp and was actually able to keep the rest of my hair dry. I'm sure if you were coloring all of your hair it isn't a problem to pile it on and continue application after your roots are done, but it's also awesome if you are just re-coloring your own roots.

I liked not having to dry all of my hair to get this stuff on my head. It saved me a lot of time and I can feel a difference in my hair and scalp already. It was thorough and convenient.

Wet at roots, Dry everywhere else


I also began to wonder if it would spill if turned upside-down. So I did a few tests. I tested with my product first, then with water. I had two drops total that barely came out. Want proof?



That was pretty exciting for me. I am pretty clumsy and like to know if I drop it I won't have a huge mess!

Any problems I might have had were just because I am messy and continued squeezing the bottle after I brought it away from my scalp. Go figure. My fault entirely. You may have a few drops here and there, so be steady and make sure you are not squeezing it except when it is near your head. Definitely use a towel when using hair colors to be on the safe side, but I didn't use a towel at all and stayed dry when I was trying this out.

I definitely recommend this product to those that are looking to cut back on hair-care and coloring costs. It is reusable and versatile in what it can be used for product-wise. I'm sure you could also use this on your pets if you needed to get down to their skin, too!

Where to buy it?
You can buy it at the Roots Only website for $5.99. Their site also has a hair growth oils and moisturizing kit that may also be nice to try :)

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment