. My Little Lily Bud: Say No To SOPA! Blackout Strike

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Say No To SOPA! Blackout Strike

While I have no idea how to blackout my page, I have a little banner in the corner.

I will not be posting anything tomorrow as part of the strike against the Stop Online Piracy Act which is a bunch of you-know-what.

To make a long story short, this SOPA will greatly diminish our say-so and freedom of speech on the internet as it will be heavily regulated.  Any complaint can shut a site and anyone linking to that site down, whether they had anything to do with it or not.

Talk about unconstitutional, right?  We'd end up having the same kind of monitoring that China has.  Not cool.

So I'm taking part, though I'm just an itty bitty blog, and not posting anything tomorrow.  Wikipedia and other large sites are going to be blacking out, so don't be surprised if a number of sites don't show up.

Think about it, though -- if this passes the sites that are blacking out in the strike would probably end up disappearing, a long with many others.

It will be interesting to see what the internet is like without them, but I would rather not go more than a day without Wikis!

Here's a cool article about it: http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/mythbusters/articles/mythbuster-adam-savage-sopa-could-destroy-the-internet-as-we-know-it-6620300

No comments:

Post a Comment