. My Little Lily Bud: Girl Legos Sexist? An EdenFantasy's Post.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Girl Legos Sexist? An EdenFantasy's Post.


The dreaded girl Legos!  
EdenFantasys is an adult toy store and carries objects not intended for persons under 18 years of age.  While the post is family and work friendly, not all links might be.  Please use discretion.

I was browsing through EdenFantasys SexIS magazine and stumbled upon an article about a new Legos product for girls and how some feminists are against it.  It made me think – What’s wrong with some pink and purple Lego blocks?!  I want some!

The author, Liz Langley, talks about the “Whoa! Momma” bloggers from Tampa Bay Times and their outrage about the new idea.  You can read the whole article here and leave your thoughts if desired.

I can see both sides, but I really don’t think there is anything wrong with some Lego products that are aimed specifically at females.  Sure, I know there is nothing wrong with the original Legos as they are, but new colors would be nice.  It does not mean that girls can’t play with the originals, just that there are options that may be more attractive to girls who would otherwise not play with them. 

Unfortunately (in my opinion), there are some feminists up in arms about this new proposed idea.  Really?  I don’t get it.  I mean, I get the “We want to be equal!” part, but I like some pink and purple princess stuff every now and again.  Lace, frills, and home cooking aren’t oppressive in my mind.  But yet, somehow, a company trying to create a product that targets a different gender demographic is now considered sexist. 


Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t companies out to make money?  I'm sure they want to include everyone in their consumer market. If they can make money off of it, I’m sure the last thing on their mind is discrimination.  They want as many consumers to purchase their products as possible.  Quit complaining about EVERYTHING please. 

I want pink Legos. 


Sexis - a provocative sex magazine at EdenFantasys.com


This post was sponsored by EdenFantasys.com

Lego picture from 
http://www.geekologie.com/2011/12/15/lego-friends-8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment